We look for an office manager to provide crucial support to a dynamic and growing team at VX with several key roles.
Coordinate team effort and help our team grow:
- Oversee and check the task management system for the entire team with clearly defined roles, priorities and deadlines
- Schedule and participate in job interviews
- Oversee the onboarding processes for interns and employees
- Providing support, coaching and development opportunities for junior team members
- Organise internal events and teambuilding
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual 360 degrees review process for the entire team
- Contribute to performance feedback for junior colleagues and help them build their career
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining young professionals
Provide crucial support in projects and client management:
- Regularly review key priorities per epic tasks & deals and weekly sprints and prepare a weekly internal report
- Schedule, coordinate and help prepare meetings with existing and new clients
- Coordinate the production of clients’ documents and new prospects pitches
- Research, collect and compile economic and finance information
- Coordinate production of research documents and publications
- Assist in the financial modelling and data analysis
- Assist in the environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) data collection and analysis
- Assist in the organisation and management of virtual data room (VDR)
- Proofread and check all our documents, publications, and presentations
- Proofread and check our website and social media announcements, as well as other media publications
- Assist in the creation of the content for the VX blog and CVCA news
- Assist in the organisation of conferences as events, such as SustainInvest.hr and BestInvest.hr
- Issuance of invoices and client reports
- Manage employee employment data, sick leaves, vacations and similar
- Deliver other administrative and related support services
To be considered for this position, the following skills have to be evident on your resume:
- 3-5 years of experience in financial or consulting services with a proven track record
- Proven experience within a fast-paced organisation delivering efficient and reliable administrative and coordination support
- A strong academic background including at least a Master’s degree in finance, economics, business, environmental / sustainability studies, or any other field with proven excellence in academic and extracurricular activities
- Capability to work autonomously under given objectives and key expected results
- Team management experience
- Project, client and stakeholder management experience
In addition, here are some essential basics to succeed in this position:
- Ability to drive business development and contribute to the growth of VX
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and superior attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take the initiative
- Strong work ethic, integrity, honesty, and fairness
- Thoughtful team player, looking to make your colleagues successful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Croatian
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The bonus skills that would definitely make us pick you:
- A strong interest in key VX focus areas: private equity, venture capital, sustainability, startups/scaleups, corporate finance, SMEs finance research
- 1y+ experience in strategy consulting, venture capital, private equity, investment banking, sustainability advisory
- Professional and/or academic experience outside Croatia
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to combine hands-on assignments with strategic thinking
It is OK to apply without meeting all skills and qualifications. In your cover letter, please just honestly tell us why you think you are suited for the position.
Activity: we are a small company, but you will have hands-on experience on various high-profile projects. We are highly committed to promoting sustainability. Our projects and sustainability focus drive everyone’s daily motivation and commitment.
Growth stage: we are small – but we are growing. Our time is yet to come.
International and local: while we are Croatia-based, our professional focus for our clients and investors is international. Our operational language is English. 🌍
IMPACT: we want to continuously bring real change as a company and create genuine added value for our clients.
DEDICATION: We commit fully, bring our hearts and minds to the project, and are dedicated to making it work.
INTEGRITY: We believe in what we say and do. Our work is honest and respectful.
MERITOCRACY: We embrace, encourage and reward participation from every team member. Each person can express concerns or constructive criticism. We stand for each other, and our motto is “One for all and all for one, united we stand divided we fall!”
Autonomy: you’ll definitely get real responsibilities, and have the chance to have impact.
- Our beautiful office is at Regus Hoto Tower, Savska cesta 32, Zagreb.
- Teambuilding events which are hard to beat: from scuba diving to mountaineering, running and fine dining
Tools: we use Monday.com, Dropbox, Whatsapp and Slack, and it is pretty cool. We have access to all major commercial databases which we use for our research and for providing a tailor-made solution to our clients.
Work-life balance: we are definitively respectful.
- We offer a competitive base salary and an attractive performance bonus.
- We are incredibly proud to encourage and support, including financially, continuing education for all of our team members.
- Besides, we are open to discussing additional benefits depending on the individual preferences which can include additional healthcare programmes, sports and fitness programmes and other benefits.
If you believe you are the right person for VX, we are looking forward to receiving your application. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we constantly challenge ourselves to build a diverse team of talents.
1° 15-30 min virtual video call
2° In-person interview with at least two team members
3° Team meeting
4° Reference check
Depending on your availability, the recruitment process should last less than two weeks.
The offer usually follows within 48 hours.
VX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, civil union status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity or expression, present or past mental disability, learning disability, physical disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Private Equity Analyst
Full-time, Zagreb HQ, Remote
Private Equity Associate
Full-time, Zagreb HQ, Remote
Content Creation Specialists
Part Time, Remote, Zagreb HQ